Good Morning People,
This morning, I'm addressing a key aspect of our living— Love!
Many at times, when we broach this subject— love your neighbor, love yourself, love your job, etc.,we look at it from one supernormal angle.
Here's a simplified view of it. It is broken down for easy understanding and identification.
Characteristics of Love
1. Love never gives up:
It still finds a way to get up in the morning and get going. It extends another arm.
Love not only tries, it tries again. A Japanese proverb says; "If I fall seven times, I stand up eight".
2. Love cares more for others than for self:
This keeps you in check even as a leader. It doesn't mean you don't care for yourself, just that you are not all self-centered. From time to time, we might need to get out of our comfort zone just to help.
3. Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have:
This is self-control and contentment. Of course, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't strive for excellence. This means that while you strive to be better, you are okay with yourself. Not being bitter or jealous when you see others get what you want.
In common parlance, always wanting what you don't have is called "longthroat".
4. Love doesn’t strut:
To strut here means to walk with excessive, undeserved pride. To think too highly of yourself.
This attitude often comes from a flaw within. Pride— the known enemy of success. When you see yourself as the only good person always, you need to check yourself. Not only because of the people around you, but, also because of yourself.
If you are to proud to do an inward X-ray, your Humpty Dumpty fall is close.
We end here for today.
I hope you think about these points and let the words take effect, even as you go on with your day.
I'm not done, but, I'm spooning these to you (and to myself) in bite-sized chunks. Enjoy!
A gentle reminder, easy enough to accept.🙏
ReplyDelete