Skip to main content

Facts You Didn't Know –1






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny Memories-1

This is a column containing funny memories. Things that happened in the past that make you laugh each time you remember them. How many funny memories do you have? How funny are they? Feel free to share your funny memories in the comment section. Here's one of my fun memories: I was barely three years old and my immediate younger sister was almost one year old. Her birthday was a few days away—Christmas day. Mother's birthday comes immediately after hers, the next day which is boxing day. PS: I have this memory etched in my brain but I do not know how. I remember every detail. Maybe it's because it's funny . Days to mom's birthday, she got a beautiful birthday cake. This cake was well decorated and looked appealing to us kids. It was a white cake with a red ribbon around it. It had small sugary details (crunchy drops of yellow icing round it) that one could pick off and lick— which child doesn't like sugar? At the time, I just couldn't imagine why mum didn...

World Sickle Cell Day

MY STORY It's not so easy living with my condition. Its almost like I was given a sentence before I even had the chance to live. Everyday is scary. I do not know if I'm going to have a crisis or not.  The crises are really painful but most of the pain I feel comes from my mind. I feel pain when I see the faces of the ones I love. They smile at me and act like all is fine around me but I know deep down that it hurts them to see me go through this. I found out about my status when I was twelve. On the morning of that fateful day, I broke down in class. Just after our morning assembly. It wasn't the first time but this was more painful than any other before it. I had to be rushed to the hospital.  When mum came, I demanded to know what was wrong with me. I needed an answer. I needed to know the reason I was treated as a special student in school, like fragile glass.  I needed to know why I had a lunchbox filled  with drugs, why I was always falling ill and why Aunty May...

Morning Motivation- Thursday

 Good morning Successmates, These recent times have been proven to be for the tough alone. It hits us so hard sometimes that we almost topple over. The pandemic, office deadlines, traffic jam and all. How do we survive these? I have put together some little bits that might help us on our day-to-day journey. Sit back and soak in everything. Please drop your ideas in the comments box. Enjoy! There are so many things in life that are beyond our control. Rather than getting stressed out over them, focus on the things you can control such as the way you choose to react to problems.Look for the upside.  When facing major challenges, try to view them as opportunities for personal growth. If your own poor choices contributed to your current situation, reflect on them and learn from your mistakes. Learn to forgive. Accept the fact that we live in an imperfect world and that people make mistakes. Free yourself from negative energy by forgiving and moving on. Share your feelings. Express...